Riding in a tuk-tuk (auto-rickshaw) is a unique experience in itself. Weave your way through the hustle and bustle of the city as we take you on a memorable journey exploring the cultural diversity of Bengaluru. From the American missionaries to the Japanese, the tuk-tuk has its own ancestral history. This iconic vehicle manages to transport the city’s population of 11.5 million, at some point or the other. On this tour, the interactions with locals will remain as an unforgettable memory. The places you will see and visit on this trail are a heady mix of the old and new – quite like a delicious local breakfast called “chow chow bath”. We’ll teach you how to pronounce it xD. This includes a sweet and savoury dish, eaten together to get the best of both worlds in one go.
What is included in the tour
- All snack stops mentioned in the itinerary
- Pick up from and drop off to Hard Rock Cafe, MG Road
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned
- Local English speaking guide
- Tuk Tuk (2 adult passengers in each TukTuk)
- Indian Thali Lunch
Our city trails can be made private to suit your convenience with the choice of a private pick up option; a local English-speaking guide will ride with you informing and guiding you through the journey.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusions” section
Our city trails can be made private to suit your convenience with the choice of a private pick up location; a local English-speaking guide will ride with you informing and guiding you through the journey.
This experience rich trail is a good way to explore “namma ooru”, especially if you are a traveller looking to truly savour this city rather than just ticking off the must-sees.
This tour is for anyone with a keen interest in taking a wholesome experience of Bengaluru, a contrast of the old and the new, all amalgamated into a half-day tour through the markets of the city. This will be ideal if you are someone who wants to immerse yourself in understanding the “local” way of life.
- 8:00 A.M : Meet at Hard Rock Café, in the centre of town, M.G. Road / St. Marks Road
- 8:15 A.M : Kote Venkataramana Temple
- 9:30 A.M : Tippu’s Summer Palace
- 10:30 A.M : Walk through the Flower Market, wholesale market and Silk unit.
- 11:30 A.M : Bruch
- 12:30 P.M : Cubbon Park
- 1:00 P.M : St. Andrew’s Church
- 1.30P.M. : Drop back at Hard Rock Café...Tour ends.
Here’s what you will see on your trail:
- Visit a Scottish Presbyterian Kirk, which hosts a 150-year old pipe organ
- Visit an old Hindu Temple
- The remnants of a palace that once belonged to Tippu Sultan
- A walk about the fragrant flower market
- Walk through the bustling market streets
- A scrumptious brunch at a local joint that is iconic for the old-timers of Bangalore